He's silly, makes endless fun of me, and enjoys a good laugh at himself.
I mean, dressed like this, could you expect anything less?
To tell you the truth, Valentine's day hasn't always gone so smoothly in our house. Mr. V. proclaimed early on that it was a holiday 'created by companies to make you buy stuff,' and drew a line in the pink sand. I know he's right, but I still like it. I've been known to pitch a fit in the past, but we've landed in a comfortable middle ground: an occasional present, a kiss, and a firm focus on the main heart-obsessed audience - the girls.
![]() |
| Valentine's charm bracelet with Montana buffalo and California otter |
My Valentines celebrations will be forever rooted in the halls of NCS, the all-girls school I attended for nine years. We would always decorate paper bags with our names, string them up in the halls, and fill them with goodies and notes. One year I dated a boy whose dad was a florist; he brought me this massive pile of roses on Valentines day, and I hid them in my locker. Valentine's day was never really about the boys. It was about the friends.
Stella's got the serious spirit. She made fabric Valentines for every kid in her class, with thoughtful messages like, 'you always make me smile,' and 'I like your great ideas.' Her intention and sincerity crush me.
The other day, she knew I was feeling blue, and she presented me with an envelope full of Valentines messages, which I shared with Chris and Zoey:
![]() |
| "Make sure you say what is in your heart." |
![]() |
| "Don't blame everything on yourself." |
![]() |
| "Think before you act." |






No comments:
Post a Comment