Friday, February 17, 2012

"It's about to shoot... It shooted!"

Today was full of bottom-of-the-barrel, bizarre errands — the kind that you put off for months, maybe longer, but then feel really good about when they're done and your head is released of them.

By the time Zoey and I were done buying drain strainers, leather conditioner, and rechargeable phone batteries, we were hungry and tuckered out. And stuck in the halls of the hospital, awaiting a part for my hearing aid.

We bit the bullet, and perhaps even some scarier items, in the hospital cafeteria.

Not an exact replica of our meal, but close.


The soundtrack to our odd errand adventure was the latest Bon Iver album, which, despite the fact that it made her 'sleepy and sad,' Zoey couldn't get enough of. It was the perfect accompaniment to an overcast and slightly haunting day.

Zoey loves to talk about how music makes her feel.

What does she love even more? Footsies, and her polka-dotted coat, and her friend, Wilder, who had the polka-dotted coat first.

She lucked out tonight:


While Chris and Stella indulged in a long-awaited viewing of Shirley Temple's 'Heidi,' (I have no idea how Stella became obsessed with Shirley Temple but love how into her she is,) I took Z and Wilder to dinner.

By the time we drove Wilder home, it was dark. I don't end up driving the kids much in the dark – don't really like driving at night and plus, they're usually hunkered down at home. (I remember a night last year at Alice and Wyatt's when Zoey pulled me to the window to show me something so exciting. 'It's dark!' she exclaimed.)

On our ride out to Wilder's house, which is in a canyon just south of town, the girls were captivated by the bright stars in the moonless — and streetlight-less — night. 

"Oh, I see a shooting star!" said Zoey. "It's about to shoot... It shooted!"

1 comment:

  1. So so so sweet. I can't stand it! And I miss you all way too much.

    ReplyDelete