Chris' alter ego, Rodney Bamboozler, (so named for his passion for bamboo fly rods,) has been doing some blogging of his own, and was kind enough to allow me to feature his latest post.
+++ Zoey & Papa Play Hooky +++
I've been saving this post for the doldrums of winter..
There
came a day last fall when my youngest daughter Zoey REEEEALLY didn't
want to go to school and As a result there was NO WAY I could work...
Gorgeous and balmy fall day.What to do? Why...Go fishing of course!
First things first..
My little lefty- hard at work at the vise.
Who Knows? They're just fish...
On the stream... Just the two of
us. Zoey is only four and her casting is coming along, but for now I'll
make a cast and hand her the rod. She takes it from there- watching the
drift and setting the hook on the take.
Success!
And smiles!
Of course we had to spill the entire box of dries on the bank while choosing the next fly... don't we all?
Ah yes, the perfect fly...
The sheer awe and joy of having the magical creature in hand....
And the safe release...
Passing it on... Fishing with my daughters is a true gift and blessing.
Watching them makes me realize why I fish myself. Sometimes on a dark
day, like today..., I wonder what it all means and if I will ever tire
of it... I don't think so. It's as close to that endless curiosity and
freedom of being a child that I will ever get- seemingly transcending
time and space.
Take Care,
Chris










No comments:
Post a Comment