Sunday morning, we got out of town - specifically out of the Ramada - and were all business all the way to Bozeman.
Idaho by Twin Falls
Big clouds
Stella and I listened to Ella Fitzgerald in honor of my dad for father's day. "'It's too darn hot' is a toe tapper!" she proclaimed.
+ + A brief dad interlude + +
Happy father's day, dad! You're absolutely amazing.
I hope I do half the job raising my girls that you did with me.
Thank you thank you thank you.
I love you so much.
+++
We made it to Bozeman fueled entirely on dates, walnuts, and tigers milk bars. Using the mental picture of the Bozeman google map that burned into my soul as we planned this adventure, I navigated us to Becky, Chad and Ellah's house, which we're renting for the year. They let us drop off all of our stuff in their garage even though they haven't moved out yet, and they gave us keys. I think they almost gave us their dog.
Wow. Totally kind and inviting strangers, a garage, new keys, (a good thing since every one on my ring is moot for the next year, save my car's.) Our new life for the next year.
Lest I get all, I don't know, contemplative, which there's plenty of time for, I'm going to switch directions, because that's exactly what we did. We hopped right back in the car and headed to Chico Hot Springs - our favorite spot in Montana - to play and celebrate. I wish I could share Chico in person, but this will have to do for now.
The hot springs
The happy papa on Father's Day eve.










No comments:
Post a Comment