Thursday, June 16, 2011

The None House

In January, we updated our downstairs bathroom and for a while, it had nothing in it. Zoey called it the 'none bathroom.'

Now we're in the none house, with all of our stuff packed away. Don't fear Z, it's all still there, it's just up too high for you to see:






Well okay, not all of it. I put these goodies on the street today and hoped someone would nab them before my kids came home and discovered my heresy.
The table was gone by the time we made it home from school. Thank you, Craig, whomever you are! Craigslist is a fine fine thing.

So, are you sick of reading about me packing and shedding, because I'm sure sick of doing it. Let's get out of town, shall we? Tomorrow's the day.

Until then, there's entertainment. For example, the chickens enjoying the ice cream cones that went in the compost:


Or this homely little box discovered under Stella's bed:

What's inside?
A napping hoglet, of course, wrapped up in a blanket and accompanied by some grassy snacks.
Discovering this little pharoah and imagining Stella creating his sweet nest just made my day.

And what made my night? A visit to the coziest corner in Bernal - the Nolan house - brimming with some of my favorite people and delicious food.
I have scores of photos of my kids hanging over this railing since both Stella and Zoey have clocked in a good chunk of their lives with the Nolan kids Alice and Wyatt, but tonight I captured some grownups - Abner, Ledia, and Joanna. Clare was called away to attend to a little person.


 
Joanna with some of her fans.

The only thing distracting me from the serious pain in my heart over leaving is the the pain in my belly from overeating far too much of Abner's outrageous chicken and kale and that roasted pepper sauce thing that I can't remember the name of. I don't really want to know the name actually; it's Abner's special sauce and that's it.

When Abner said he was going to give us a proper send off, he meant business.

If all goes well, tomorrow night will find my clan in Winnemucca, Nevada. If you've ever been to Winnemucca, you know just how odd that sentence is.

May the road gods smile upon us, and the radio gods too. And I don't mean that Family Radio cult God guy, I mean the God of P.Y.T. and Rocket Man.

2 comments:

  1. I made it on your blog! Yay! I LOVE that picture! Thank you Kristi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanna,
    I love the picture too. Hopefully we'll get to take some more in August if you make it out here! xo

    ReplyDelete