There are no keys in my backpack. I've never used one for our house here; my bike rests propped up on a tree. Yesterday, I abandoned my bag on the sidewalk for an hour during an impromptu visit at a neighbor's house. She assured my city self that I definitely didn't need to worry about it, and she was right.
The chatter of distractions in my mind about scheduling, work, parking meters, carpools, and keeping close track of everything, all the time, is silencing. I'm discovering wide open valleys in my head with tumbleweeds rolling by. It's been a long time since I felt like this, and it's delicious. Space for thought.
Yesterday the girls and I spent hours puzzling on the front lawn.
We decided to stay close to home after our double-hike day on Thursday and reveled in 2522, our new spot.
 |
| Pretty nice mailbox vista |
 |
| Camping hammock in permanent residence in our backyard |
 |
| New, long-promised swing |
 |
| Melts my treehugging heart |
 |
| Ditto |
 |
| Late dinner involving fresh bread, butter and honey. Good for everyone. |
 |
| Thanks, Z. |
No comments:
Post a Comment