Monday, April 16, 2012

Not wrapped up

When I started this blog, I thought I'd use it as a place to post images of the things that our family crafted and created, but it's turned into something very different.

It's become more of a mental stomach, a place where I digest the short and long stories that fill up my days.

Like many humans, I seek meaning in most things, and I often find myself coming to some sort of conclusion or another as I wrap up a post.

But in case I give the appearance that everything in my life is all tied up in a bow, let me just drop the veil.

Today, the dog peed on the wall, and one of my daughters left the bathroom sink running, causing a flood in our bathroom, which is, coincidentally, the nursery for 20 baby chicks, who got very wet. And then there's the two-day-old goat in the kitchen bleating away.

All of this happened — or, in some cases, was discovered — while I was sending a press release to hundreds of reporters and trying to get through one of the most exhausting stretches of work I've endured in my career, including an insane audit by the Canadian government that feels more like a witch hunt than legitimate government accounting.

Those are the messy breaks, made much more tolerable by the factory of adorableness that seems to have overtaken my house.






Now, it's off to a lunch of burnt toast, which seems somehow quite appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment