Monday, October 3, 2011

Pom's Egg

I woke up super early on Thursday and walked over Bernal Hill to our house to visit the chickens.






Parking enforcers were out on Cortland Street.
Sun was rising over the East Bay.

Fog was creeping over the backside of Bernal.


Succulents were putting on a great show.


Our little gate.
Our house, as seen from the garden below.


The chickens made the most content clucking sound as I approached their coop. I made some odd, slightly muffled 'eep!' sound as I discovered the blue egg laid by either Pom or Pom, our two Ameraucana chickens.





Then I cuddled the Dutchess of Fluffernutter, who's always been my girl.
Eventually, I walked back over to Cortland street, but not before dropping in at the Nolan household. How could I walk by at 8 am - carpool time - and not say hello? Irresistible. I miss our carpool clan so much.

Made it over to Progressive Grounds for some coffee, then realized I needed to hop on the bus, a logistical challenge since I was carrying Pom's blue egg with me. You know you're in Bernal when the local coffee shop will store your chicken's egg for you, no questions asked.

Bagawk!

No comments:

Post a Comment