The thunderstorms that I remember rolling across the big sky during our honeymoon out here have been so few this summer that I can count them on just a few fingers. Last week, after a day of work that left my brain crispy, I began my evening rounds of puttering, picking up, and contemplating dinner. Autopilot had kicked in and seemed the only way through the evening.
But Zoey wanted to play, and I regained consciousness long enough to realize that I did too. I was just so out of touch with the very concept that it wasn't in my sights.
She coaxed me out to the swinging chairs that my parents gifted us with, and then put on a 10-minute long performance called, 'I'm going to get that chicken.'
![]() |
| Zoey in her Bjork-inspired getup, accompanied by her new friend, Ollie. |
Success!
![]() |
Time to gather up all of our furry and feathered friends who were out enjoying the afternoon with us.
![]() |
| Who's that little thing? |
![]() |
| TK, our compost-pile kitten. |
![]() |
| And her sister, Disco. |
I don't know if it was the thunder, but the chickens had a little surprise for under their wings, or rather, tail feathers:
![]() |
| Our first eggs! |









No comments:
Post a Comment