Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Skeleton in the bathtub

Until yesterday, when Stella and her friend dumped the contents of our suitcase into the bathtub, our bag from Florida, (which returned, with us, more than a week ago,) lurked, unpacked, in the middle of our bathroom.

Thanks, Stella, I think.

Such is the state of affairs in the Chester Vance household.

There's nothing to be done but laugh, and order pizza, and just be where we're at. Which is a messy place — more mentally than anything else. Chris got the most evil illness and was down for ten days; I think I've got the evil's junior version; there are baby goats at school to visit, and lots of enemy-of-the-state fallout to deal with at work.

In the mix, spring is springing: geese are landing on the thawed patches of our pond, children are dangling from the trees. And somehow, I magically scored two back-to-back dates with Mr. V. this weekend — a first in nearly eight years I think.

Tonight, we've got another hot night planned. In the bathroom. Folding.


No comments:

Post a Comment