Sunday, November 20, 2011

An interview with Stella

Stella engaged in two very grown-up activities today.
1. She got her hair cut and styled.

2. She conducted her first reporter interview. (Yes, it's been nearly two decades since I was officially a reporter, but hey, now I blog from my nightlight-lit office in the girls' room after I read them a few bedtime stories, so journalism - specifically blogging - is on Stella's mind.) And I've teased her for being deadline-driven like a journalist because she always waits until the last moment to do her homework.

Anyway, back to the point. Here's a little interview with Ms. S, inspired by an interview I saw here.
Stella's First  Interview

ME: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Stella: A singer

Me: Who is your favorite famous person?
What’s his name... he was a president. JFK. 

Me: Why?
S: Because he was one of the first presidents I learned about. Also, I like Frida Kahlo.

Me: What makes you happy?
S: Busta Sneef, our bunny

Me: What makes you sad or angry?
S: When Zoey won’t listen to me.

Me: What's your favorite movie?
Bedknobs and broomsticks, The Little princess, and that’s about it.

Me: Book?
S: Narnia, Junie B Jones, Secret garden, Ivy and Bean

Me: Who's your favorite actor? 
S: Shirley Temple
(This is a new obsession)

Me: What do you prefer, breakfast, lunch or dinner? 
S: Lunch. because at school it’s fun. Well, we’re going through a phase at school when it’s really fun because our music teachers wants us to understand some things about performances.. So we watch stuff like the Nutcracker during lunch.

Me:What’s the best meal you’ve ever had? 
S: Unagi and rice, pasta, sandwiches

Me:If you could have whatever you wanted to eat right now, what would you eat?
S: Does it have to be healthy? 

Me:No. 
S: Hot chocolate while watching a movie and eating milk duds, junior mints & whoppers.

Me: Favorite place? 
S: Washington DC, Bozeman, Helena, California
(She's never been to Helena, BTW.)

Me:Place you most want to go to? 
S: France and Africa. Studied them and they seem cool.

 Me: Most happy where? 
S: Here

Me: Your favorite animal?
S:Bunny and tiger kangaroo and bear

Me:The best holidays you ever had ? 
S: Christmas at Tia Jess and Tio Sandys’ house

Me:Your favorite outfit
S: Purple shirt with heart. Purple leggings. Purple ruffle skirt

Me: Something you did recently that you really loved
 S: Crocheting

Me: If you had a magic wand, what would you do with it right no?
S: Turn Daddy into bunny rabbit. Mommy into a frog. Zoey into a tiger. And I would be an ant.
But I could turn you all back.


+ + + +

Zoey refused to be interviewed. She didn't say, 'no comment.' But give her a year.
Meanwhile, over dinner, we all discussed what we'd do with our magic wands.
Chris said he'd 'restore the earth to its original abundance,' at which point I had to confess that I was thinking more selfishly about moving Montana closer to Hawaii so I could drive an hour and be there for the weekend.

Really though, we came to the quick and beautiful conclusion that there's nothing we'd change about our lives.

2 comments:

  1. I think my favorite Q and A has to be "If you could have whatever you wanted to eat right now, what would you eat?" Stella's answer is spot on! Will you tell her I said so?
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete